Monday, November 2, 2009

I just watched a video on his site.

Okay, I watched it, I was a little interested, then I started thinking about his promises about providing everyone in Saratoga Springs with these devices. I suppose in Dell's little world that there are no special needs people and if there are they should be locked up and not able to travel at all. I was also thinking that if his flying piece of crud was worth anything, it would come with a guarantee like his crappy computers did, something along of the lines of him assuming personal liability for any failure that isn't human related, that is related directly to the material and construction of the device. I doubt he'd ever do that because his product is just a rip off of legitimate paragliders.

That's my rant for the day.

PS Dell, not voting for you is an individual choice and we are all given free will for a reason. To condemn someone for making a choice against you, is not only unchristlike, it goes against the very tenets of the LDS faith.

4 comments:

  1. Dell never made mention of providing anything. He would most certainly be charging full retail price for his product. That's perfectly fine. He should be able to charge whatever people will pay, but to push his product as the solution to all the world's ills is disingenuous.

    On the issue of living Christ-like, Dell actually has no concept of what that means nor is there any legitimate frame of reference in his fantasy world for him to do so. He believes he is perfect, so why is there any need for introspection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you like Dell or not, the Flat Top is the best paramotor unit on the market and the best by a LOT. Safety features exist on the Flat Top that simply doesn't exist on the competition such as Black Hawk, Fresh Breeze, and Nirvana. Zero people have been killed in them and every owner I've talked to love them to death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    Dell used to claim that (and I quote) "there have zero serious injuries and zero broken propellers on the Flat Top". In the past two years, there have been 3 serious injuries on Flat Tops requiring hospitalization that I am personally aware of and plenty of broken props. Are you really going to jinx PPG pilots by making this ridiculous claim? You can die on any flying machine; the Flat Top is no exception- just wait, it WILL happen (I don't want it to, but I have no control over other people's actions.) Put down the Dell kool-aid and start thinking for yourself.
    -Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon,

    I am aware of two of those hospitalizations that you mention. Both of those instances were brought up and discussed on Dell's PPGTRUTH Yahoo group. A while back when I hosted an AM radio show, I brought Dell on and he said that there have been 3 injuries on his equipment and zero deaths. I suppose "injury" is up for interpretation, but Dell has always been honest as to the severity of how people have gotten hurt. I tried to check to see where that quote was made, but you never mention where it's from.

    The whole idea of the flat bottom part of the prop cage is that if the pilot falls backwards, the spacing will be just right so the entire prop hits the ground at the same time, distributing the load. I don't know of any Flat Top prop strikes, but there is never anything indestructible.

    Yes, I am totally on the same page as you when it comes to deaths in flying machines, however if I ever was doing anything risky in a PPG, I'd want to have the paramotor with the most safety features. Having said that, the Dell Kool-aid is the kind of Kool-aid I want to be drinking.

    ReplyDelete